The Future Olympics have been held at Winter Camps XIV, XV, and XX. They are scheduled for a repeat performance at XXV. The goal is simple - take 6 basic physical tests every five years and see which ones you get better or worse at. The scoring is only against yourself; there is officially no competition between competitors.
- The tests of the Future Olympics are:
- Sit-Ups: Number completed in 30 seconds.
- Push-Ups: Number completed in 30 seconds.
- Shotput: distance thrown in feet and inches.
- 60-Yd Dash: time to cover the distance
- Vert Leap: distance leaped in inches.
- Long Jump: distance covered in inches from a standing start.
Results for Winter Camp XX and Winter Camp XXV are available.
To better understand the scoring, consult the Encyclopedia WinterCampica
The design and content of this page Copyright (C) 1997-2000 by Steve Donohue for the Winter Camp Future Society
If you believe we are using copyrighted material, please contact the webmaster
All rights reserved